My Domb 'party line' dress,an early Emma Domb label from the 40s, I found it at American Vintage on Hollywood Blvrd. This dress has so much fabric and is so fun to wear!
I love thrift store shopping in LA!
Some exciting news, I am newly engaged.. who would of thought! Here are some engagement photos we took kind of on a whim, I thought it would be cute to do a theme about the "Hollywood guy" taking the small town midwest girl away,and since Nick has always worked in movies it really fit. My engagement ring is from the 1930s that Nick bought and picked out himself in old Hollywoodland,one of our favorite places to walk around and look at all the old mansions up in the hills. We do not have any wedding day plans set yet but possibly a wedding in Napa Valley next year.
Franklin Park Canyon is one of the locations where It Happened One Night filmed, you can visit the pond where they swam across even! This is one of my favorite movies and I love the Hitchhiking scene, I decided to pay homage to good ol Claudette Colbert which happens to be my Husbands number one old Hollywood crush. Photos were taken at Franklin Canyon Park,many movies have been filmed here, its really a great park 7 miles from Hollywood but it makes one feel you are in the country :) My Dress is from the 1930s, and is absolutely one of my favorites in my closet! I hope you enjoyed the photos,blogger was giving me some trouble so I apologize for the jumpy layout.. Photos taken by my husband and edited by me.
This iconic hotel is one of my favorite hotels ever. You can still feel the energy of old Hollywood here. Back in the day folks would come here to pick up the paper and have a cup of coffee , it was a local hang out and not just for the celebrities. While having breakfast in the fountain room a tourist/visitor decided to take a photo of me.. Honey I'm not Elizabeth Taylor but this hotel does make you feel like white diamonds.
SWOON! Not sure if I'm more smitten with the hat, or the dress! Wow, just WOW.
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing dress. I love it!
ReplyDelete