Max Factor

Visiting the Max Factor building.....its such a beautiful place.
A little history on Max Factor- He created appearances for actresses such as Clara Bows heart shaped lips, he also created shades special for the starlets. Some of his clients included- Valentino,Mary Pickford, Pola Negri, Jean Harlow, Claudette Colbert.. to name a few!!



The 'Beauty Calibration', its the only one in existence.
To put it simple, this wire cage pinpointed where facial corrections needed to be made. 

Makeup in Brunette room. 


Again in the Brunette Room, Claudette Colbert cut the ribbon on its opening.



"Brownette room"
 better known as Judy Garlands room. 




Here we have Marilyn Monroe's makeup and where she became a blonde. 




The "brownette room" was my favorite and I love green ;)





Lucy became a redhead in this room. 


All the make up you see here was Lucille Ball's





So many Starlets were redone at Max Factor, I have many more photos and will share when I have more time. 



A woman who doesn’t wear lipstick feels undressed in public. Unless she works on a farm.”–Max Factor




Comments

  1. You look AMAZING! I've always wanted to visit the Max Factor building... next time I'm in California it's a top priority! Did you see the news item about the Max Factor artifacts found in a garage recently? They found another Beauty Calibrater! Exciting!!
    http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_22507233/treasure-trove-max-factor-artifacts-found-redondo-beach

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know about the findings in the garage! amazing!
      I am moving to LA this fall, so let me know when you visit!

      Delete
  2. Fantastic pictures, and a wonderful post! The green room REALLY flatters you and my girlfriend is drooling for your dress! Cannot wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

It Happned One Night

Fredric March.

Beverly Hills Hotel.